Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Unemployed but employing myself?

I don't know whether to title this post, the unemployed crafter, or employed hands, or whatever.  It's been so long since I've worked at an office job now that I wonder if I could do it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking for work, but I wonder just how worthwhile this job hunting is.  My mind is messed up, my health is a bit messed up, and my sleep, oh don't get me started there.  I find myself feeling accomplished if I close my eyes before 1am.  I'm working on that.
Right now I'm watching Knit and Crochet Now! While crocheting a nice prayer shawl for my church.
I'm using a free pattern from Lion Brand's website, and you can find the pattern here on their site.
Daylight Tweedy Shawl
Here it is - I'm almost done with it, too!
I'm using Caron Cakes, an exclusive yarn from Michaels.  A Stitch and Bitch friend gave me 2 skeins of this lovely stuff, so I'm simply paying it forward a little bit by donating the finished item.  A 60 inch long rectangular shawl has taken 1 and a half skeins of it so far.  Since it is such a simple pattern, this has been the big project that I bring to knitting nights and such.

Sometimes I wonder if I can make a living writing, or crafting somehow, but I'm insecure about going off the beaten path.  

Podcast coming this Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment